Thursday, June 08, 2006

Summertime

I like to come up with long, interesting and complex posts while I'm walking the streets on my way to somewhere else - however when the time comes to actually sit down and pound them out, I often find the inspiration somewhat lacking.

At any rate, I start a new job tomorrow. Yes, TOMORROW. Even though I just got back to Oxford YESTERDAY. It's for the best, I suppose. I've realized that, as much as I hate to admit it, I need routine (the trick is, I need the routine to be self-imposed, not other-imposed) and the longer I go without working, the harder it will become to change into a routine which involves a regular job. The time period for this placement is listed as 'ongoing' which is good, although it sounds like I will be dealing with people, either in person or over the phone, which is part of the reason I left the coffee shop in the first place. On the plus side however, I will be earning £7/hour, which even with the exchange rate, I believe is the most money I've ever made at a job in my entire life (insert overeducated/underemployed comments here).

In other news, one of my flatmates apparently moved to Germany while I was gone....go figure. He is to be replaced with two Polish girls sometime next week. I hope they are funny, outgoing and friendly. Attractive wouldn't hurt either.

I guess that's about it from the world of Langford. Summer is in full swing here (which is nice, considering I was still wearing my leather jacket when I left the country) and World Cup fever has swept the nation. I know I'll get lynched for even suggesting it, but I would love it if England lost the final to some small-time country like Paraguay or something...these colonists need a big piece of humble pie :P

1 comment:

Kyle said...

In the world of computing or aviation travel, we call that an "upgrade."