Monday, June 05, 2006

The Best Place on Earth!!!

After many hours on a night bus, switching buses two more times, and waiting at a coffee house in the middle of nowhere, I finally made it to Olympos. And boy am I glad that I did!

This is exactly what I needed after crazy traveling from big city to big city. Everyone here is so chilled out and relaxed...there's lots of different options, but pretty much everyone just spends the day on the beach, or lying in a hammock. Beer NOT optional.

I've met some awesome people here and had such SUCH great times. Yesterday, 9 of us rented a boat for the afternoon and were taken around the Med - stopping to visit sandy beaches, swim in caves and we were even served a fresh fish lunch on the boat! There's also lots of ancient Greek ruins to go exploring through near the beach, as well as these eternal flames up on a mountain that come out of the ground - it's a natural phenomenon of a mixture of gases that burn and it just looks like a camp fire coming out of the ground - crazy. Anyhow, I've only got one more night here tonight, then late tomorrow (1:20 in the morning!) I fly out of Antalya and into Gatwick. I'm so sad to leave, but it's the right time to do it.

I wanted to post pictures here to make you all jealous but the connection here is dead slow, and I can't be bothered to waste all that time uploading when I could be, well, in a hammock drinking beer.

No comments: