Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I Made a Mistake

I took my lunch down to the river today, and sat there watching the fish, birds and boats. What a terrible idea! I thought of my friend Matt who's working at a summer camp in Northern Canada and after that I could hardly drag myself back to the office.

It didn't help that I ran into one my Polish friends at work this morning - and actually, I don't really know this girl very well, but she is the flatmate of one of my better Polish friends. So she asked what I was doing and I told her that I worked here now. She replied very insightfully (imagine the following with a Polish accent):
"You know, I don't think that this work is for you. I really cannot see you at a desk in such a small space. But at least it is better than the coffee shop, yeah?"

And dammit, she's right...oh well. For now I need the cash and will take it. However we shall see what further developments arise...

No comments: