Thursday, June 01, 2006

Club Med

Well I finally booked my flight 'home.' I'm leaving from Antalya early in the morning of June 7th and flying into Gatwick.

I have already decided that I am going to take another trip to Turkey in the future and spend much MUCH more time looking around. This made my next move much easier, since before I made that decision I was going to try to cram in a ton of stuff before leaving, but now, I have a new plan:

I was supposed to spend tonight in Istanbul - but I asked for a refund and instead am taking a night-bus to Antalya. Don't get me wrong, Istanbul is very beautiful, but I'm sick of big cities, the aggressive carpet salesmen and shoeshine guys, and so on. As well, I haven't really met any great people at the hostel here, whereas the rest of my trip I've been really lucky with that each day.

But won't Antalya just be more of the same, you ask? Well possibly (I really don't know) but I'm not going to stay there. Instead I found a pamphlet for a place called Bayrams in Olympos, 90 minutes outside of Antalya. It's on the Mediterranean and they rent out log cabins to sleep in. I figure a good way to end the trip would be to go there and chill for a few days and see what it's like - swim in the Med, climb up the mountain, lay on the beach. Then, if I want to take a couple days in Antalya, I can, go do that or else I can relax til the end of the trip and then head in the day of my flight.

So there you have it....a relaxing end to a crazy adventure! Or so I imagine - who knows, maybe the craziest is yet to come!!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Wow. The stories will be sweet.

Anonymous said...

I hope you plan to lead an 'all ages' tour for your next trip to Turkey because we all want to come with you!

Next time you do the exciting part with me and not ditch me to do the good stuff at the end :):)