Monday, April 17, 2006

A Mild Damper

Well, I had a fantastic Easter weekend in Dublin with Erin. The end is slightly dampened however by the fact that it is now 11pm and I am stuck at Luton airport for the next THREE hours while I wait for the next bus to Oxford. Apparently I missed the last bus by 5 minutes (according to the National Express guy who was standing there). Why did I miss it by 5 minutes? Well, thankfully my flight was 20 minutes early, so I hauled ass to get off the plane. This really didn't matter though, since we all had to load up into a bus to take to the terminal anyhow. It was physically paining to watch the old lady with the cane take each and every step down the airplane and hobble over to the people carrier. And then it's not like we even went far AT ALL. I'm not saying I would have made it without the transport, but I'm saying my chances would have been better. Now, I suppose that I could try and get some sleep for the next little while, however I certainly don't want to sleep past the 2am bus. Luckily I have my laptop, some movies I haven't seen, and headphones, so hopefully that'll get me some of the way through. There's also wireless internet access here (albeit not free), so that's probably a way to kill an hour or so as well.

Oh! I could also transfer the pictures over from my camera. That'd take up some time. I guess the problem isn't that I can't busy myself, but rather that I'm going to get home and have like a 2 hour nap before I have to get up for work. Even combined with 2 hours of sleep in the bus on the way there, that will hardly leave me feeling fresh for work tomorrow.

I shouldn't complain however...it was either this flight, or one earlier in the morning, which would have essentially meant writing today off. And I'm thankful I had today to hang out in Ireland... it was probably my favourite part of the trip in fact! I'm just bitter that I missed the coach home by such a small fraction!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Hooray! You're back! But I'm not! I'm having a time change hangover in the States, where it's almost 5am. :0(