Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Introvert Rejoices

After spending the weekend in Dublin, I am now staying at Matt and Pip's, looking after their cat while they visit my homeland.

Top 3 things about staying here:

1.) Five minute walk to work
2.) It's down a sidestreet so I don't hear lots of loud drunks coming home from the bars
3.) Space to myself - no flatmates to deal with when I'm overtired/not in the mood


So I was looking at the calendar today at work and realized that I don't have another full week before I go away. Last week was Good Friday, this week is Easter monday. Next week I'm gonna do a half day on Friday so that I can hitch a ride with Rich up north for Justice's stag-do. The week after that is May day on Monday AND on Friday I'm flying to Amsterdam for the weekend with Kyle and folks, and then onto Geneva to meet up with my mom for an Emerging church conference followed by 2 week vacation through Switzerland, Austria and the Czech Republic.

And although the thought of working less is nice, I get paid by the hour which means smaller pay cheques at the end of the week. Which wouldn't be a problem except that I have bills to pay! Being an adult sucks sometimes. But there ya go.

I'm off to enjoy some time to myself before bed. I've started listening to the CBC Radio 3 podcast again and am loving it! I'm gonna listen to an archived show before heading to bed. I'll try and post some more pics from Dublin soon and perhaps some more insightful ramblings. Peace.