Thursday, March 09, 2006

Work

Who starts a new job on a Friday? Well, me, apparently....

I got some temp work for a couple weeks entering info into a computer (they couldn't stop raving about my typing skills at the agency :D). I start tomorrow at 8:30am, have the weekend off, then go back in again on Monday morning. I've already packed my lunch and everything. Man, I can't remember the last time I packed my own lunch.

I spent £40 on a pair of dress shoes today because they said I couldn't wear 'trainers,' which kinda sucks, but this job does pay £1.50 more per hour than the coffee shop, so I should make that up in no time. Plus, I won't have to deal with folks who are angry about their latte, or clean bathrooms that people have shit all over. Hurray!


(You think I'm kidding about the toilets? Click here to see a low resolution, moderately gross picture that I took with my phone's camera one day last summer. Cleaning that up deserved more than minimum wage!)

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I'm not clicking on it. Hell, looking at it deserves more than minimum wage! :0)