Friday, March 10, 2006

New Job

I started temping at an office down Botley way. Here is a list of things I didn't have to do at work today:

  • spray, polish, mop or clean anything (including toilets)
  • deal with angry customers
  • stand
  • take less than a full hour for lunch
  • handle physical money
  • listen to the same music on repeat
Ok, so I'm not saying my new job is perfect by any means - I certainly wouldn't want to do it forever. That said, I'm getting paid more to sit in a comfy chair in front of a computer and do less. Most of my day consisted of entering membership info into a computer. I also moved around about £20,000 from peoples' pay cheques into their bank accounts. I'm actually kinda surprised that they let/made me do that on my first day...

Anyhow, now I've got the weekend off (like a normal person) but I'll be back on Monday morning. We'll see how I'm coping this time next week.

Ta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll watch for the money to show up in my bank account (wink, wink)!

Anonymous said...

'We seldom realize fully that we are sent to fulfill God-given tasks. We act as if we were simply dropped down in creation and have to decide to entertain ourselves until we die.

But we were sent into the world by God just as Jesus was. Once we start living with that conviction, we will soon know what we were sent to do. ' Henri Nouwen