Saturday, March 04, 2006

24

beep-beep-beep-beeeeeeeeeeeep

The following takes place between 3:00pm and 4:00pm


So today is my birthday, and as I recall, I was born at 3:30pm (that is, as I recall my mother telling me, not actually remembering the moment of my birth)

24 really isn't that special as far as years go. If I was back home, I would be expecting gifts of two-fours of various kinds, but seeing as how I am in the good ol' Land of Eng, I will settle for pints. Several folks came out last night to celebrate my birth and to them I am grateful. I definitely had a good time.

When I was a kid, I used to wish that my birthday was closer to summer so that Christmas and birthday presents would be more spread out. However, these days I'm enjoying my date of birth. It reminds me of the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Much like the song Oleander by Sarah Harmer on the CD which my mother sent to me as a present. Check out that link and listen to the song, it's a good one. It can be found in the navigation bar on the right hand side of the page - be patient while it loads.

I'm not sure what else to say. Let the e-cards, MSN messages and comments commence (ha!) Props to anyone who is able to beat my mom to get the first comment ;)

Love you all,
Chris

---


Pics from last night:


























































From left to right: Matt, Tom, Elaine, Martin, Jules, Gormless Rich, Me, Martin and Jules again.

For the last photo, Martin & Jules asked for an expression. I suggested "distinguished" but Rich insisted the outcome was actually more "uppity."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday big guy. The 2-4's waiting in the fridge for your return to the land of the ice and snow, with the midnight sun where the hot springs blow ;)
Have a good one mate,
cheers,
matty

Anonymous said...

oh and I do beleive I get props for beating linda to the punch (sorry Linda )

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Matty was way ahead of me! But I phoned to make up for it and I sent pressies :)

Happy 24th Chris!

tons of love...Mom