Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Weekend of People

Well, it is safe to say that I achieved absolutely nothing of what I wanted to do this weekend: the laundry is piled high, the kitchen cupboards are looking sparse, my face is scruffy and I've yet to read one page for my lenten book group tomorrow night. And now I'm back to work in 8 hours for another week at the office...

That said, it was a fantastic weekend! Friday night, Kyle and I had supper at Nando's, then bought some Guinness and rented The Boondock Saints from Videosyncratic in honour of St. Paddy's day. Afterwards we stayed up til 2am talking theology. Good shit.

Saturday afternoon I spontaneously went for a pint (and a half) with a friend from the coffee shop who I hadn't seen in what felt like ages and we discussed our current lives, as such. Later that day, I went over to Rich's place and he fed me supper. He showed me his pictures from the Czech Republic and then we wrestled with his computer for a while trying to get it to read the Downfall DVD, but it wouldn't, so we ended up watching The Motorcycle Diaries instead, which was an excellent film in itself.

Sunday afternoon I met Rich again at the Jericho Tavern, along with 6 or so other folks from hOME and we had lunch, looked through the papers and hung out. We went our separate ways for the afternoon but then met up again for the hOME eucharist service this evening (which Kyle fondly and lovingly refers to as 'technomass'). When I got back, Kyle and I went to the kebab shop around the corner and ended up watching Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back with Cody, the other Canadian who lives here.

Of course, the usually quiet introvert inside me is now screaming for some time alone, and there's some merit to that, however I am very grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful people and feel blessed to have had the chance to spend some time this weekend with each of them!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Yeah, we're pretty cool.

I like you, too.

:0P