Sunday, February 13, 2005

Valentine's Date?

I met a new guy named Mezza at the hOME sunday lunch today (who, contrary to the title, is not my Valentine's date!). Mezza is a British-Iranian who does video production stuff for a living in Oxford. He's a big film buff too, so we had some good discussions over lunch! Anyway, he mentioned that him and his friend were planning on going out tomorrow night along with 5 or 6 girls for Valentine's day, and he asked if I wanted to come along! My first thought was "I like those odds!" and without thinking any further I said yes...

Now those of you that know me well will realize that back in Canada, this is something that I would never, ever do! However, something happens when you're traveling by yourself whereby you just find some sort of inner courage that you never knew you had and end up having fun with (almost) complete strangers. After all, it's not like you have friends to go and hang out with, so if you don't have some fun with complete strangers, you won't end up having fun with anyone at all! So there you have it! From what he was telling me, it sounds like they're all young professionals with jobs in the field of 'media' in one way or another (acting/producing/what have you) so hopefully there will be some common ground for conversation. It also sounds like it's going to be quite the multicultural group, with an Iranian, an Indian, a Brit and a Canadian already on board. Interesting....we shall see....

No comments: