Monday, December 19, 2005

Surprises in the mail

I got 3 significant pieces of mail today.

The first was a tablecloth which my mother fashioned to put over my bedside table. Well I call it my bedside table, but it's actually just the box that my duvet came in. It is the perfect size and height for a bedside table though, and this cloth will make a nice covering.

The second was my ballot for the Canadian election (which is returned by placing an envelope within an envelope within an envelope). I've always voted NDP but I'm tempted to vote Liberal just to avoid a Conservative minority. However, I suppose I don't really believe in strategic voting.

The last and most peculiar piece was a plain white envelope with my name written in capital letters on the front. Inside was a £10 note and that was it. No card, no explanation, nothing! I would like to believe that it came from the lady who ripped me off £10 yesterday but that is rather unlikely seeing as how she doesn't know where I live. Regardless, I am grateful to the kind soul who did leave this for me and can assure him or her that the gesture is extremely appreciated. Merry Christmas indeed!

Here's a pic of the goods:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kindness is a wonderful thing! Now you get to pay it forward, perhaps in a different way.