Sunday, December 04, 2005

Signs

All right, my room is almost there but not quite ready to be photographed yet. To tide you over, here are some of the humourous signs I have photographed throughout my travels thus far.



This one from Stockholm I have already posted.



This one was in Brussels or Bruges....Belgian at any rate. Well, at least it's self-explanatory.




This one was from a fast-food joint menu in Lille, France I believe. Ok, I know that 'assiette' is french for plate or dish or whatever, but you really can't just shorten it like that. I was quite tempted to ask for the 'Ass Steak' or 'Ass Hamburger' but I think in the end I just went with a kebab or something...



This one is from Venice. Again, English clearly is not their first language, but at least they gave it a shot!


Ok, so technically this isn't a sign but rather grafitti (from Pisa, Italy). Still I thought it was cool enough to include. I remain undetermined as to whether that is hair or fire on the first person's head. Sometimes I like to think it's fire.



Lastly, apparently God doesn't approve of bare shoulders and knees. Or at least the Pope doesn't.


Ok that's all for now...pictures of my new digs soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I showed these signs to a friend and she wondered if the one about the dog was really so the dogs could see that they weren't supposed to poop there! An interesting thought :):)