Friday, December 23, 2005

It would be cool to hang them from the ceiling instead...

To all who were worried about me spending Christmas alone, feast your eyes on this setup:

That's a good haul no matter how you look at it!

Matt and Pip
have gone away for Christmas so I am cat/house-sitting for them and co-opting their tree in the mean time. You know, it occurred to me just how odd a tradition it is to leave wrapped presents at the base of a tree...I mean, I'm sure there's reasons for why it started in the first place, but why not hang them from the ceiling instead? That seems no less random than bringing a tree into your house for the sole purpose of overseeing gifts. And yet, I found it strangely comforting once it was all set up...


Anyhow, I'm working tomorrow until 6pm, then I'm going to go to my friends' house for a traditional Polish Christmas dinner (which apparently has 12 dishes?!?!) and then probably midnight mass at Christchurch cathedral (mmmm...Anglican liturgy). Since Christmas day is my only day off, I plan on sleeping in until 1pm or so, opening my presents, talking to my fam on the phone and then going for a walk if it's nice outside. I also might call around to anyone who's still here and see if they'd like to go for a drink. Then it's back to work on the 26th.

Well that's all from here...Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!

No comments: