Thursday, December 01, 2005

Londontown

Well it turns out that I have 2 days off in a row! Which is good, cuz I'm going to need them before working on Saturday.

It was the Swedish girls' last shift at the coffee shop yesterday, and although I hadn't worked with them a whole lot, I offered to take them out for a drink last night to celebrate. Well, one thing led to another and suddenly it was 3am and we were still at the bar...

Over the course of the evening, I somehow got invited to go Christmas shopping in London with them today, and since I've been wanting to go back to London for some time now and had the day off, I figured why not!

So yes, after very few hours sleep I reawoke and met them on the bus to London. Most of the day was spent in girls' clothing stores along Oxford St., but I knew that's what I was getting into and therefore couldn't really complain. We had lunch at Subway and dinner at the Knightsbridge cafe. We also stopped by Picadilly Circus and Harrod's to see all the Christmas stuff. I'm knackered but honestly, you can do a lot worse than spending the day watching Swedish girls try on different clothes in London...

So it's early to bed tonight and then early to rise tomorrow...I have to sort out a bunch of paperwork for the job and the flat as well as finish decorating and cleaning it up - not a very eventful day to be sure, but I need a lowkey one after the last week...


Also, if you have a few free minutes, I suggest you check out this post by my friend Rich - it is both interesting and hilarious. Here is a sample to whet your appetite:

"No one can judge the exact amount of room it takes to pass a truck and get back on the right side of the road as well as he can. After the first few trouser filling moments of seeing this skill, I relax. Jane, having driven with you in London and seen how nervous you get, don't go to Indonesia...


Akok is also very fond of The Horn, as is, it seems, the whole of Java. Akok uses The Horn at the following times: When something is in the way. When something might be in the way. When he wants attention. When it is raining. When it is dark. When the Cranberries are on the tape deck. When he's happy. Akok is always happy."

No comments: