Thursday, August 10, 2006

Coupland at the Movies

Apparently, Douglas Coupland's first film is gonna be based on an original screenplay that he wrote entitled Everything's Gone Green and is debuting at the Toronto Film Festival. According to the CBC it's "a comedy about a 20-something trying to find his place in life." I can hardly wait! Also, in trolling IMDB, I found they're going to do an adaptation of his novel All Families Are Psychotic which I just finished reading 2 days ago during my lunch breaks at work, all the while thinking "this is one of the few Coupland books that would translate well into a film...."

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Canadians make movies?

Anonymous said...

Yes and someday you'll be able to say I knew Chris before he was a famous Canadian film maker. Maybe he'll invite you to a premiere! His documentary might even be about the eclectic group of people he knew in Oxford.