Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Big One

So the Big News, for those who don't already know or haven't figured it out, is that I'm going to be taking the Trans-Siberian railway after leaving England, before coming home. I somehow managed to convince my mom to let me use my student loan to fund this wild adventure. My passport has been sent off to an agency to arrange my visas, and I've already booked my train tickets from Oxford to Moscow. I leave on Sept. 8 and will return approximately six weeks later. I plan on stopping in Russia, Mongolia and China, then taking a boat to Japan for a week. I will return to Hong Kong and fly back home, briefly stopping in Oxford to pick up the rest of my stuff. So in order to commemorate the event I have added a countdown in my sidebar to the right --->
I promise updates as often as possible while I'm on the road/rails.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you are going to stand out anyways, get yourself an NBA jacket or T shirt and they'll mistake you for a player!

Anonymous said...

Come home!!!