Sunday, March 20, 2005

'SPRING CLEANING' or 'EVERYTHING MUST GO!' or 'OUT WITH THE NEW, IN WITH THE OLD' or 'FREEDOM THROUGH SHAVING'

Well I realize that it has been a while since I've updated this thing. The past couple weeks have been strange...maybe I'll elaborate more later, but probably not.

So, after working six 8 1/2 hour shifts consecutively a few weeks ago, I decided that I needed to get the hell out of Oxford the next chance I got (as well as progress on Matt's challenge of visiting 23 places for the first time in my life during this year), and it turns out that this will be tomorrow and Tuesday. I booked a train to go to Brussels via the chunnel. I think it will be nice to have a couple of days to explore and remind myself why I'm over here, as well as to just generally think about life and the future. I need to refocus myself again, and in preparation of this, I shaved my head and my face, with clippers I borrowed from Jim. Gone are the shoulder-length locks and the beard. With spring around the corner it's time to shed the cocoon and face the world anew. It's a physical representation of an inner change.

Well, I'd like to write more, but I have to be up in 6 hours to catch a bus to London and then take the underground to Waterloo station followed by the train to Belgium, so I must bid you adieu. Adieu.

No comments: