Friday, March 25, 2005

Not a good, but great friday!

What a wonderful day! It went like this:

Work from 8:30am-noon...paid time and a half of course, since it was what they call a 'bank holiday' over here (statutory holiday for folks back home). On my way home, I stopped and purchased a folding bike. I've been meaning to get a bicycle for a while, and after witnessing a guy taking his folding bike on the train to Belgium, I thought that was the way to go (much easier to move and store since I don't really have a fixed address). It was used and I got it for half price (and from a bike shop, so I'm fairly certain it wasn't stolen).

After that, I went to a Good Friday service put on by hOME. There was less than a dozen of us there, but it was extremely powerful and really got me thinking. Quite glad I attended. Then, from about 3pm to 9:30pm, Rich and I hung out at his place. It was a lovely day and his room has a great view of a meadow. He gave me supper and Belgian beer. He listened to me fret and complain and wonder and philosophize. He is good people. We finished by watching an episode of the Simpsons on Channel 4...it was the one where Homer starts a motorcycle gang and calls it "Hell's Satans" although Moe's suggestion ("Christ-Punchers") was much funnier and had me laughing during my whole walk home. Rich lent me a copy of the new Jack Johnson album (I didn't even know he had a new album out!) which I am currently listening to, while reading a great e-mail from Matt! I have to be at work early tomorrow morning (7:30!) but for now, I am a very happy Langston. Quite possibly the best, most upbeat good friday I've ever had...

No comments: