Monday, March 28, 2005

The Happiest Boy Alive

I do declare myself to be the happiest boy alive. Y'see, it's like this:

I have today, tomorrow and wednesday off, however I didn't find this out until Saturday. At first I was angry because if I had known further in advance, I could have planned a trip to Ireland or something. I still looked into it, however it was quite expensive and considering that I had just been in Belgium a week ago, I decided it was better to stick around here (Rich and I may still go exploring tomorrow and wednesday, we'll see). It worked out for the best anyway, for this morning I hopped on my bike and just rode for a good 2 1/2 hours. And let me tell ya, it was beautiful! The weather was perfect and the scenery was amazing! Spring is definitely my favourite season.

I had no idea that Oxford had such gorgeous paths along the Thames and its various canals and waterways. It was awesome to go just out of town and see the 13th, 14th and 15th century buildings still standing there. I loved it! Now, don't get me wrong, I love home too, but in checking the weather, it's currently -2 degrees celsius there and you sure aren't going to find any 500 year old buildings where I come from! So anyhow, I'm just home for a bite to eat and to share this wonderful news with you folks before I hop back onto my bike and go back downtown for a housewarming party. There's going to be an easter egg hunt in the meadow! This definitely means chocolate, and there's likely to be beer involved too. Today really couldn't get any better.

I'll try and find a map of where I cycled and put it up here later...

No comments: