Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ta Da!

Those of you with eyes may have noticed the new layout. I figured that since my time in England was finished, I was no longer a 'Canadian Boy Across the Atlantic' (although Matt pointed out that now, to my British friends, I am 'across the atlantic'). Also, the likeness to the title of another blog further contributed to my need to differentiate myself. So, seeing as how I've spent a good chunk of the recent months of my life on sitting on trains and staring out the window, I thought the theme would be appropriate. Thanks to whoever took the photo that I stole for my funky new banner.

I'm heading up to Pook's cottage this weekend with Mark, Matty and some other folks, so I probably won't update again til late next week. It's been all right being back home, but I've definitely experienced reverse-culture shock in a couple ways already. For example, I forgot that taxes weren't included in the printed price, which caught me off guard. And then when I was 10 cents short, I pulled out a quarter instead of a dime (because a quarter is roughly the size of a British 10 pence piece, and my brain was looking for the 'ten'). It's also just strange to walk past groups of people and realize they aren't speaking in English accents. Plus a coffee and donut at Tim Horton's is now $2.09 instead of just 2 bucks -- what gives?! It's not all bad though. True, the weather is getting cold, but I really did miss it. It's that crisp cold that you don't get in England...it's sunny, and there's no dampness about it. Autumn, here we come!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Good to read you're OK and arrived back safely... it was very sad to say goodbye at the airport. No matter how temporary that goodbye might be. But I'm glad it's now clear to you how much better things are in England!

MP said...

Chris! If you're ever in Toronto, lemme know. I want to hear your stories instead of read them.

Rock rock rock.