Thursday, July 20, 2006

Step by step

I have been delaying this post because in my mind, if I don't acknowledge the situation publicly then I am less accountable when it comes time to make a decision. And yet, a decision has to be made, so I might as well share it with you folks.

The point is this: I have 6 weeks or so left on my UK working holiday visa and need to decide what to do next. I know it's really not that big of a deal, and yet I keep making it into one inside of my head. I want to make a good decision, where ever I end up -- and I'm afraid of committing to something I don't like, as has happened in the past. I know I shouldn't let those fears cripple me, and I guess they don't, but they certainly affect my decision-making, at least, moreso than they have in the past. *sigh* At any rate, I'll let you folks know what I'm doing as soon as I do.

On a less stressful note, I've had a great week, and randomly spent the last few days in Paris. And you can't go wrong with Paris in July. In fact, it's hard to go wrong with Paris at any time of the year. Oxford is looking all right too, and I will enjoy the last few weeks of summer that I have here. It will certainly be difficult to say goodbye...


Brett, enjoying some Pimm's & Lemonade while
punting up the Cherwell river in Oxford.


The whole crew in front of Sacre Coeur on top of
Montmartre. From L to R: Me, Cassie, Brett and Brad.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Hooray for vacations!

You want to come to America. It is nice here.

Not nearly so cold.

Chris said...

Dude, it ain't cold here! It's been in the 30's (*ahem* 90's) for weeks!