Monday, July 03, 2006

Heatwave!

Well, according the BBC, the south of England will be experiencing a mini heatwave for the next few days. It's too hot to do anything! Especially work, so it's a good thing I've quit ;)

Man, my Canadian blood just can't handle this weather...I suppose it doesn't help that I sleep on the 3rd storey of the building (that's the 2nd floor for my British readers)

I think I'm going to spend the next few days chilling out and drinking beer. Like I said, it's too hot to do anything else. Maybe a dip in the river.

A note for my British mates (or rather, my mates living in Britain, regardless of your cultural heritage) - I was in The Works in Westgate today and saw two really good books for cheap. The first was 'In Praise of Slow' which I know both Jim and Matt have raved about and it can be had for a two pound piece. The second was 'Bono: In Conversation...' which I bought in Norway (for a ridiculous amount of money!!!), have read and recommend highly! Hardcover was four quid. Pick one up before they're gone!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

It was 90 on Sunday. I think it was 90 yesterday. It'll probably be 90 again today...

Anonymous said...

Kyle, Chris was raised with temperatures in centigrade!

He'll think you are burning to a crisp.