Friday, January 27, 2006

Tales of Scaffolding

Well it's a good thing I got up at 7:30 this morning because the roofers who were supposed to show up at 8 NEVER ACTUALLY CAME. Grrrrr...who knows how long this stuff is gonna stay here! If it's anything like the scaffolding outside the building, I'll be moving out before it does!

On a more positive note, the digital camera that I got for christmas (which was shipped to me with a manufacturer's defect) was returned in working condition today. Huzzah! So, at the very least I can share pictures of the scaffolding in my room!

Now, I know most of you haven't seen inside my room, and it was kind of hard to get an all-encompassing angle, but I tried my best:

This is the view from beneath...let me reiterate that all of this is INSIDE my room.

This is view I currently have from the head of my bed staring at the foot. That wooden railing? Usually there. The metal beams jutting out? Not so much...

This is a shot from my steps, looking up to the foot of my bed.

Finally, this is from in between the beams (the flash is reflecting off the metal) looking at the support all the way downstairs.

Well I hope you all find this somewhat entertaining, cuz I sure don't :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Chris what's all that stuff on the floor? Are the contractors making a big mess on your floor Chris? Hope they don't get your clothes too dirty or your books and papers. We all know what a clean freak you are.

Anonymous said...

is it really bad if I say I found it just a bit entertaining?!

Anonymous said...

Have you even thought about the fact that you now have a jungle gym in your room??? I bet you dreamed of that 20 years ago!!

Chris said...

ha! how insightful....yes i'm sure i would have loved a jungle gym in my room many years ago...how sad that these days i see it as a nuisance rather than a gift...