Monday, November 13, 2006

True Story

Why is it that the things we want the most are the things we can't have?

And I'm not speaking in a profound, philosophical or existential sense here - I mean practical, down-to-earth examples.

It happened like this:
I was sitting in the bathroom today waiting for the bath to run (I like to read in the bath occasionally) while finishing my breakfast of a toasted bagel sliced in half, each side covered in peanut butter. I was down to the last quarter of the bagel and SO looking forward to it when the damn thing slipped out of my fingers and into the garbage can.

I will admit, with no shame, that I did pull it out of the garbage and considered eating it. I can't explain just how MUCH I desired that last bit of warm goodness in my stomach. After a thorough investigation however, I decided that it had been too tainted, even for me, so I begrudgingly put it back in the can. Honestly mom, it's still there. You can check if you don't believe me.



Also, this link comes via Kyle, and I think it's pretty insightful (I particularly like the one from Toronto). Check it out, if that's your thing...

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Ew.

I don't eat bagels anyway. I can't be asked to do that much chewing so early in the morning.

Kyle said...

Ahem.