Wednesday, November 08, 2006

An Ellipsis

It's no secret that I'm not exactly thrilled to be living back in southern Ontario. I'm not entirely sure why, but for whatever reason(s), it feels like a step backwards in my life. I'm sure that for many people, it is a good place/space to be for them at this stage in their lives, but for me...well, I'm just not feeling it. I guess that part of the problem is that it seems old and boring and uninteresting to me, especially when I know there's a big-ass world out there with so many quirks and quandaries just waiting to be explored. I think an even bigger part of the problem is that while I know I don't wanna be here, I'm not exactly sure where I do want to be...or where I'm going next. I'm usually a pretty laid back and easy-going kinda guy, but this whole liminal, between-life-phases kinda deal is stressing me out a bit.

Having said all of that, I'm determined to make the most of the time I have while I am here.

I've been doing quite a bit of thinking lately and have realized if I'm looking for gloom and misery, I'm going to find it. In fact, I've set my expectations for the next few months so low that really, life can only get better than I have imagined it is going to be. So I really want to seize the approaching days, and get the maximum, well, whatever...experience? I guess? that I can from them. True, I'm not entirely happy with where my life is at the moment, but I have the ability to make choices and really, that's all life comes down to - your choices about your circumstances. So I'm choosing...or at least, attempting to have a good time while I figure out what to do next.
Ride the waves...

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I think you're supposed to talk about how much you miss your Canadian friends and family when you talk about that stuff.

The only things I know about Canada I learned from watching South Park.

:-P