Sunday, May 28, 2006

All the rage in Romania

Today I played a few rounds of "Catch the Falling Senior Citizen" - it's apparently a very popular game in Romania! The way it works is you get on a public bus shortly after church has been let out and wait for it to pick up a senior citizen. After the senior citizen has climbed the steps (but before they've reached their seat) the driver of the bus then GUNS it, causing the old biddies to lose their balance and go flying backwards. I played 3 rounds today and won 2 of them. I felt really bad for the one I missed, he could have seriously hurt his hip or something. But there you have it, just another day abroad.

Today I also visited Dracula's castle with 2 Californian girls that I met on the bus. Now I'm hopping on a train back to Bucharest to hang out with them tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me guess were the California girls tall and blonde?

Jim said...

Heeeeyyyy there we have it!!! They're like bees around a honey pot!!!

Kyle said...

Ha!

Very funny. But that's enough. Come back. Now.

Chris said...

one of them was tall and blonde. that was the one i stayed up until 5:30am talking to ;)