Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Things to look forward to...

As I was telling Julia at the Phoenix today (who, might I add, is the coolest brazilian I know!) as I was on my way to work this morning I came up with a list of things I'm looking forward to when I come home. Now don't get me wrong - there's lots about Oxford that I love and that I will miss, however I've been here for 7 months and I'm only going to be home for 6 weeks. So here is an unnumbered list, in no particular order of things I am looking forward to:
  • hugging friends/family members
  • canoeing on the Big East River
  • sitting in a muskoka chair, drinking a bottle of Alexander Keith's or Rickard's Red in front of a campfire
  • visiting OPC
  • waking up at 6am, driving for 20 minutes still half-asleep behind the wheel, making it to the highway, pulling over and stopping for a Tim Horton's coffee and donut before continuing on a road trip
  • meeting Ryan's fiancee (yeah, he's freakin engaged!!)
  • being able to say 'pants' without other people giggling
  • driving over the Burlington skyway at 3am on my way to sneak back into my room in St. Catharines
  • i'm sure there's lots more, that's all i've thought of so far....
  • oh! Using pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters instead of pennies, tuppence, 5p, 10p, 20p and 50p's
  • 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sneaking in you say?

Road trip you say?

Guess you better get your license updated first :)

Looking forward to having you around for a bit.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if you do learn Portuguese!!
Have a great time in Sweden!
Take care,
Julia