Monday, August 01, 2005

Feeling Very European

I went over to Alberto's place (or at least the place he's housesitting) for supper last night and he made me pasta in a four cheese sauce. Absolutely delicious! I never eat that well! It went quite well with the bottle of Chianti that I brought along. Afterward we watched 21 Grams which I hadn't actually seen yet but have been meaning to see for some time. It was quite powerful!

This morning I woke up and took it slow. I've been finalizing my travelling plans. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks away! My last shift at the coffee shop is scheduled for Sunday Aug. 14th. On the 17th, Mark and I fly out of London Luton at 6:30pm and land somewhere in the vicinity of Stockholm around 9:45pm local time. From then, we have until Sept. 6 to explore & make it to Amsterdam where Mark will be flying back to Toronto. I opted not to leave Amsterdam until the morning of Sept. 8 (mostly due to the cost of flights) when I will land in Birmingham just after 10am. THEN, 2 days later, I will be leaving Birmingham EARLY in the morning (check in opens at 6:15am) and flying to Toronto! I will be returning to Birmingham on Oct. 22 at 11 o'clock in the morning. Now, this is where life becomes scary since, at the moment, I have no idea where I will be living or working. However, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...in the mean time, I have Scandinavia to explore and friends/family to see back in Canada!

As I understand it, a few of my local friends are going on adventures of their own around the same time. Rich is flying to Australasia (including his home country of New Zealand) for several weeks and then spending a week in Norway once he returns. Alberto is also off to only God knows where...

It will be interesting to see people again come Autumn!

No comments: