Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Mildly Drunken Ramblings of a Sensitive Heart

This is the story:

Today was the second day of my 'weekend.' I decided to go visit Blenheim Palace in Woodstock (Winston Chuchill's homestead), just outside of Oxford. On getting off the bus, I met a group of American students from Minnesota (Minna-soda) and hung out with them for the day. They were all really nice, but one, Laura, was especially nice. We talked and laughed a lot through out the day and it made the trip much more pleasant than it would have been on my own.

We bussed it back home together and had dinner at the Royal Oak pub. They invited me to go dancing at the Purple Turtle that evening, so I figured why not! Shortly after I arrived, some British friends of Laura's arrived, and she proceeded to snub me for the rest of the evening. I really don't think it was intentional, but she was obviously more interested in the other guy then me. She said 3 sentences to me all evening (I counted them) and then danced with the other guy for the rest of the night.

I really shouldn't care, after all they're leaving for the States in another week, and I only spent a day with them. But still, it sucks. It's rare that I meet girls that I 'click' with like that. Anyhow, I think I'll listen to 'Second Best' by Pedro the Lion then go to sleep and get up for work for the rest of the week. Bah.

No comments: