Monday, April 25, 2005

Maybe I Should Be a Manager?

I didn't have a particularly bad day at work or anything, but a thought struck me as I was walking home: maybe I should become a manager! After all, I've had enough shitty managers to know what NOT to do, and actually one or two good ones along the way too. I like people, and I like investing in people. The only problem is that on paper I don't have any experience...and I wouldn't want to manage any sort of sales-driven team, as that would mean putting profits first and most likely having to suck up to corporate head office. Yuck. I would have to manage a team at an independently-owned location, or else a team not in the field of selling. Then again, maybe I should just become a minister like I've planned all along, since that's basically what I'd be doing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ministers manage; managers minister.

take your pick. :)

either way your hours are twice as long as your satff.

they all went home at 4:30; I got home at 9:15!

Chris said...

tell that to my manager...i seem to be doing about 10 more hours a week than him!