Sunday, April 24, 2005

How much does a day off cost?

About £40 actually.

All right, so I haven't posted in a while, and for those who actually missed it, I apologize. But I'm posting now to make up for it!

So I decided to call in sick to work this morning. My head is all clogged up and I can't figure out whether it's allergies, a sinus infection or a combination of the two. I probably was well enough to go into work, but we were insanely busy yesterday, and today I would have been closing with the manager (which is never fun) and frankly, I'd rather just not. I haven't been working there long enough to earn vacation pay yet however, so this means that I'll be lacking a days wages when it comes time to be paid. I may regret the decision when I see that pay cheque but at the moment, it seems like quite a good idea, if I do say so myself.

I went around to Tesco this morning and bought myself a fruit smoothie, tons of apple juice (well, 4 litres) some vitamins and anti-histamines, so hopefully I'll be rarin' to go today! I certainly have no intention of wasting today in bed, it's far too beautiful for that! I'll pump myself full of goodness, run some errands, and then go for a walk or something (being sure to avoid the city centre!)

In other news, for those who haven't heard, I got myself a job at the Phoenix Picturehouse! yay! Well, at least I have two trial shifts this Friday and Saturday (but I'm sure it'll all work out). I'm taking a pay cut (although it's only 15p/hour less, so if I work one extra hour per week, I've made up the difference) and it probably means it will be harder to co-ordinate multiple days off in which to travel, but on the upside, it means I won't be stuck in that other place for 40 hours each week! Plus now I get free movie tickets and video rentals...the perks just keep coming!

1 comment:

Matt said...

you kept this one quiet - WELL DONE...CONGRATS...although i will miss the free coffee the Phoenix is definitely more 'YOU'. does it mean you will be working evenings from now on?