Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Thursday Oct. 21/04

This update is gonna be a bunch of random thoughts strung together. Been busy this week...was in London on Tuesday and then Tunbridge Wells again on Wednesday. Tuesday night I went to a church housegroup with Caroline (the daughter of the folks that I'm staying with) and then Wednesday I met with Anthony, a youth worker in Tunbridge Wells that I met through the course in Cambridge. We had lunch at this pub which was actually converted from an old opera house. Pics are to the right. Paul was in Oxford today which left me to run the whole service for the school. My part went just fine, but the head teacher (principal) kept yelling at all the kids to be still and keep quiet. No wonder no one wants to go to church any more, especially if they were forced to go to church as children and then yelled at for not being still and quiet and boring. I can't help but feel like the message gets lost, or at least pushed to the backburner, when half the service involves telling the children how rotten they are...and on that sad note, here's another good parody to cheer you up.

PS: Enoch had a particular fixation with the 3 wheel car I posted about earlier, so I promised her I'd take more pictures so that she could get a better idea of it. Again, pictures are to the right, but nothing quite beats the 3D experience!

Opera house / pub:

3 Wheel Car: