Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Wednesday Oct. 06/04

Ran into a fellow Canadian in Brighton today by the name of Hayden. I had to pay 6 quid to hang out with him, but then he played a few songs for me. In fact, they were:
1. Dynamite Walls
2. Back from Texas
3. Home by Saturday
4. All in One Move
5. My Wife*
6. Killbear
7. Woody
8. Bass Song
9. Wide Eyes
10. The Hazards of Sitting Beneath Palm Trees
11. Between Us to Hold
12. Holster
13. Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
14. Carried Away
- Encore Break -
15. Stem
16. I Should Have Been Watching You*
17. We Don't Mind*

I got crappy little videos with my digital camera of the songs with asterisks(*) beside them, but they're too big to put on the site here...I'll try and find some other space to post them from however

I met one other Canadian (from out west) and an American (from Illinois). Everyone else seemed to be British. Except for the opener, who was Australian. His name is Toby Burke and he was pretty good too. I picked up one of his discs, "Winsome Lonesome" - If you're a Hayden fan then I'd encourage to try and find some of Toby's stuff. After the show, I was walking along the seafront road when a 27 year-old French man named Vincent saw my Nalgene hanging from my backpack and asked if he and his girlfriend could have a drink. I told him that it was only water, but that he was welcome to it. He gave some to his Spanish girlfriend, Patricia and thanked me. We walked along together for a little while longer and then they invited me out for a drink, so we went to some swanky bar on the waterfront with a huge line-up, but Patricia knew the guy working the door, so we got in right away. Inside were very fashionable people, listening to trendy, underground dance music....oh, and then there was me. Vincent and Patricia were very nice however, and we had a great long discussion about religion and politics and the world. I had quite the international evening!

I should mention that I was sitting in the front row right up against the stage, and probably could have reached out and grabbed his shoe at any time during the performance. These pictures are not zoomed in one bit! Also, I know that some of them are a bit blurry, but I kinda like the artsy feel it gives them...

Me and the Man Himself!