Sunday, October 17, 2004

Monday Oct. 18/04

Hmmmm....Monday's and Wednesday's are apparently becoming my regular update days...interesting. Anyhoo, I felt very English today...I spent the afternoon out in the garden enjoying the sun, listening to BBC Radio 4, and sewing my hat - sure it doesn't look very good, but at least I did it myself...I'm quite independent! It's been falling apart for a while now, and was in need of a good stitching. At the same time, Radio 4 had some great programs on, including one entitled "Microsoft, PowerPoint and the Decline of Civilization," as well as a radio drama about poetry "slams" in Bristol -- poets who enter contests and perform their poetry publicly...à la 8 Mile only cooler and more European. If you have realplayer installed, the direct links are here and here. The links are only good for this week tho, afterwards you'll have to search the BBC Radio 4 Website. Anyway, it made for a lovely and relaxing afternoon. Here are some shots of the garden (albeit through the window, so they're a bit flared): 01 - 02 - 03 - 04