Thursday, September 30, 2004

Friday Oct. 01/04

Random update:

Roots is on tonight...7:30pm - 9:00pm (so about 2:30 - 4:00 for you folks at home) at the church/rectory. I'm gonna try and get them to think/talk about the whole idea of 'faith.' I'm introducing the subject with a clip from the movie Contact. I'm using the scene where Jodie Foster and Matthew McConahdufdjkrehwhatever are at the party in Washington and they go out on to the balcony and talk about their belief in God and Occam's Razor and all that good stuff (it's chapter 21 on the DVD for anyone who's keen...) The kids tend to be a bit quiet and shy when it comes to bible/christian stuff, but I'm hoping the use of Hollywood actors might draw them out a little bit. In a related note, here's a flyer I designed for the month of October today. I'm quite proud of it!

In a totally unrelated note, I found this on the Internet the other day and thought it was quite humourous! Just wanted to share the wealth.

Ugh, I still haven't planned anything for Sunday school yet, and tomorrow I'm off to Cambridge -- which will be exciting, but which also means that the day is a write off -- and then I'm going to the annual Harvest Supper in the village hall. I gotta go to bed early tonight too cuz my first of three trains to Cambridge leaves the station at 7:30 in the morning. Maybe I can get some work done on the train (it's 2 1/2 hours each way). Well that's it for now...I'm off to dinner and then Roots. Hope you're all doing well!