Friday, November 09, 2007

From the ends of the earth

Last night I went to Chateau Neuf and sat through an hour and fifteen minute long interview with my favourite Norwegian author, Erlend Loe. The whole thing occurred in Norwegian, naturally, which made it a bit tedious (given that I understand almost no Norwegian), but I still think it was worth it! I got to chat with him a bit afterwards and got him to sign my copy of Naive. Super. (Which I told him was one of the best books I've ever read and he responded "Really?! Well that is nice to hear.") He was a gigantic man (nearly as tall as me!) and really soft-spoken. Not what I expected at all, but awesome nevertheless!

Now totally unrelated, check out this video of seven guys beatboxing on the subway, it's amazing! I need to give credit to Oria for bringing it to my attention. Almost better than the performance itself are the reactions of the passengers around them!



And actually, in many ways it reminds me of the folks at Improv Everywhere, which I have mentioned before and clearly think are fantastic.

No comments: