Saturday, November 03, 2007

Courtesy of Burlington, Ontario

My dear friend Matthew Nigel Howell sent me the following message on Facebook and I thought that it was too good to keep to myself. Thus I asked his permission to share it with the world, and permission was granted. So without further ado:

"Last night was 'devil's night', typically a great night of adrenaline and mischief for young folks. Jody and I were sitting in the living room, which has a rather large window with an unobstructed view right to the road (Drury Lane), watching TV when SPLAT, an egg appeared on the window. We arrived at the front door just in time to see a little red car drive off. Slightly bitter, more because in our old age we had let our devil's night guard down than because of the egg on the window, I stood out front with the hose washing the window off.
I then prepared for round 2, now realizing how tempting our window was, by placing a tomato near the front door so that we could return the favour to our next eggers.
About one hour latter the second SPLAT came and I was up and gone like a bat out of hell! I exited the front door with enough time to see two young souls turning down the side street (courtland).
Now let me intervine in this story and explain that the street they were parked on was a dead end... yes a dead end. So as I rounded the corner and stood in front of their car, enjoying the intense looks of fear on each face, they had nowhere to go. I menacingly signaled for them to exit the vehicle to no avail. Not realizing they were on a dead end they reversed down the entire street right to central park, only giving jody enough time to put his shoes on and join the fun.
The car returned trying one final time to make an escape but with my body planted in between their front bumper and freedom they knew I had won. Jody told them to get out of the car, which they did... well all of the girls at least, the little bastard boy (who I am sure up until this incident had been feeling like the 'cool guy' 'mr. badass' driving around town egging houses with a bunch of girls), the one who actually threw the egg stayed cowering in the back seat.
Any way we had a laugh with the girls (their friend thought I was going to 'kick the shit out of him' - I then told them how violent I tend to be... and then the girls thought we would call the cops, to which we responded " BAH HAHAHA ya right!"), as they cleaned the window we explained to them that you should never turn off your engine when egging a house, let alone park on a dead-end street, along with this we taught them the drive-by technique of just pulling to the side of the road opening a door firing an egg, hopping back in and driving away, as a much more effective means of egging a house.

Another lesson taught by Jod and Matty"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how i love those boys!