Sunday, September 24, 2006

Beijing

Dear Taxi drivers and Rickshaw drivers of Beijing. Yes, we can both see that I am a tall male from the West with money. This does not mean that I am lazy and unable to walk anywhere. Please stop honking your horns and shouting at me EVERY time we cross paths.

Also, to the hawkers in Tiananmen Square: yes, your kites that look like they have Strong Bad printed on them are lovely, but there's no way I'm going to buy one cuz I'm not haulin' that shit around for the rest of my trip, therefore, please stop asking.

Other than these two grievances (oh, and the air pollution sucks) Beijing is an awesome city! Huge and really clean and really cheap. The food and beer is both delicious and plentiful...I'm loving it!

3 comments:

Matt said...

ha! - that post made me and Pip laugh out loud! sounds like you're having a great time.

Kyle said...

Excellent.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Karen would tell you that you really must get the 'thrill of a lifetime' riding on the back of a motorized bike/taxi that appears to have a propane BBQ attached to it for power. Hence the air pollution.

Besides then some poor sod can boast that he gave a BFG a ride today!