Thursday, July 28, 2005

News of the day

Because I'm feeling rather lazy, I'm just going to post some news stories that I found interesting:

  • IRA says armed campaign is over - If anything good could come out of the recent London bombings, surely this must be it. Granted Ireland still has a long way to go, but I welcome with open arms any group who admits that they were once violent and are now renouncing their ways.
  • Illegal downloaders are also biggest spenders: research - I could rant about this one for a while, but I'll try and keep it short. I'd like to take a shot at the final quote however:

    "Our concern is that file sharers' expenditure on music overall is down," said Phillips, who says that two-thirds of file-sharers buy less music than they used to.

    You mean people have finally realized that spending £15 on a commodified pop CD containing 2 good tracks and 13 filler tracks is a waste of money and only serves to further line the pockets of the fat cats at the distribution company? Good.

  • Japanese develop 'female' android - This is cool, but incredibly freaky. Check out the pictures....that woman IS the robot!

That's all from me....I'm headed to hOME tonight and then going to see a staff screening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Phoenix tonight. :D

No comments: