Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's Hammer Time!

I wasn't sure at first, however I'm fairly certain now that Hammer Pants (aka parachute pants) are making a comeback amongst chic Norwegian girls. I wish I was joking, but unfortunately it's all very true. Lest you have forgotten:





I had noticed it a few times since arriving here, but had figured that those people had been cycling and were afraid of getting their baggy trousers caught in the gears or some such. However yesterday, while waiting for the metro, I noticed a girl all decked out (hair and make-up done, fancy bag, big hoop earrings etc. etc.) who had extremely baggy jeans which were then TIED OFF at the ankle with TWINE!

Even more accurate to the original style are the girls who are buying retro hi-tops and tucking the bottom of their overly baggy trousers into them! It's like Back to the Future 2! (only 8 years early....)

1 comment:

Kyle said...

That's amazing.