Monday, May 23, 2005

Moving on up...

Well, I'm spending my last few days in East Oxford before moving across town to West Oxford for the summer... I think that Wednesday or Thursday will be the magic date, although I haven't sorted it all out yet (dear oxford peeps: there's a six-pack in it for anyone with a car who wants to help me move! I reckon it will only be one car load, two tops...email me or text me!) Here is a list of things I will and won't miss about East Oxford:

Will Miss:
  • being 90 seconds from the Zodiac
  • being 90 seconds from Tesco's
  • all the funky ethnic/independent shops along Cowley Rd.
  • the crazy homeless people on the street
  • the student 'vibe'
  • my large room
  • not paying council tax
Won't Miss:
  • drunken students yelling outside my house at 3am
  • drunken students yelling inside my house at 3am
  • Cowley Rd. roadworks (that's 'construction' for my fellow Canadians)
  • being a 1/2 hour walk from work and the city centre (that's 'downtown' for my fellow Canadians)

Here's the coolest part though - the house I'm moving to is on an island! Osney Island to be precise! Granted, it's not a very big island, and it is well connected to the mainland, however that's still pretty f'ing cool! Like I've written before, I have a deep connection with water, and so it's awesome to be surrounded by it! One of the banks is even the River Thames! All right, so it may seem like a small thing, but I'm super-pumped about it, so be happy for me! I think this place is gonna be better overall...it's about 10 minutes closer to the city centre (albeit on the other side from where I currently am) and I know the 2 guys I'm moving in with from hOME. It's also in a better neighbourhood, and it's right beside a pub! (which thankfully closes at 11pm, so no loud drunks after that!) It will literally be 45 seconds from my room to a beer, if I so choose. Awesome. Granted, it is a little bit more expensive than where I currently am which doesn't bode well for my Scandinavian trip, but I think I'll still be able to pull it all together.

Well, it's time to start packing...I'll write more from my new digs!

No comments: