Friday, September 28, 2007

Japanese Reporter Shot in Burma

If you have been following the news, you've probably heard that a Japanese reporter has been shot and killed in Burma. The following YouTube video is from a Japanese news report, showing Nagai Kenji being shot. I post this not out of some morbid fascination, but rather to highlight that ACTUAL LIVES are being TAKEN AWAY by the Burmese military.

It is absolutely wrong on the most basic level. There is a worldwide campaign today to wear a red shirt in solidarity with the Burmese people and their struggle. I'm also attending a rally outside the Nobel Peace Centre where there will be speeches from the former Prime Minister of Norway, a Burmese monk, a Bishop of the Norwegian church and others. I will post pictures when I return.

1 comment:

Pinoyrocks said...

I know this happened 2 years ago but I only saw the actual footage last night. It gave me chills. I recorded it using a DVD recorder and planning to show it to my kids. After the TV program, I am having a second thought now.