Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Shopping

*deep breath in*

I am about to venture into the evil abyss of consumerism that is the local mall. I long for the day when I can dump this 'tradition' altogether, but for the time, it remains a necessary evil. Lately, I've been working on having a more generous attitude towards other people (even the moronic imbeciles, of which there are many) and trying to ward off my creeping cynicism and general antipathy - so, I have developed a little bit of a strategy to aid me in this descent to the underworld:

First of all, I'm going to take my MP3 player and listen to my own, chilled out soundtrack (so as to avoid the inevitable, incessant Christmas carols and general crowd noise). I also plan to walk deliberately slowly -- after all, I'm not actually in a rush, so there's no need to get caught up in the crowd. That's all I got really...walk slowly, listen to some good tunes, but hopefully it will help. Wish me luck!


*submerges self into holiday consumerism*

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I work at the bookstore this evening...